Senior Accountant-Real Estate Development
Skid Row Housing Trust (the “Trust”) is a nationally recognized nonprofit corporation that produces, preserves, and operates supportive housing in and around downtown Los Angeles. The Trust serves the poorest and most vulnerable people in Los Angeles, including homeless individuals and those who may become homeless. Our VISION is that all residents of downtown Los Angeles have a home that is affordable and safe.
The Trust develops, manages and operates affordable homes for the homeless in the Los Angeles area. The Trust is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that owns and operates 26 properties and is developing two properties that will be in operation in the next two years. Most of the properties receive subsidies under the Section 8 program through the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles.
The area of accounting will be in real estate development projects and limited partnerships.
- Experienced in preparing monthly financial statements, general and subsidiary ledgers, capital budgets, cash flow projections, intercompany transactions, and journalizing activities from development and escrow agreements;
- Responsible for ten (10) developments (and growing); collaborating with different project managers and articulate issues; and
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports to other cross-functional teams, such as Development, Asset Management and Property Managers, as well as lenders, government agencies, etc. by honoring deadlines.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Accounting;
- 2+ years’ experience in Real Estate Development, Construction/Property Management with increasing responsibilities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Experience in Yardi Voyager or MRI;
- Organization skills, reliable, and excellent interaction with many levels to achieve a positive outcome; and
- Experience in LIHTC affordable housing and cost certification preferred.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include: Two (2) weeks annual vacation accrual, nine (9) paid holidays, ten (10) sick days accrual, company-paid health, dental and vision insurance, STD, LTD, and life insurance. Voluntary benefits include: additional life insurance, critical and accidental insurance, discounted Metro TAP card, and eligibility to participate in 403(b) plan.
Skid Row Housing Trust is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.